Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Its Been A While!

This dreary weather and these cold, rainy days can really get old! Aberdeen just has that type of climate, and thats one thing I don't like about living here. If its not snowing its misting or raining and we look forward to the days filled with sun. I'm really glad the boys are attending a preschool because it would be hard having to find things to do everyday of the week, staying in the house all day is not easy with these guys. The good thing is that they really love their school and friends there and  look forward to going everyday. I'm very thankful and feel blessed for that! We recently joined Kippie Lodge, a sports and country club, here in Aberdeen and I have started working out again at the gym there. It feels good to get back into a routine of some sort. I've been trying to get a little more involved with things at their school and started planning a few vacations in the near future. We will be going to Paris, France and Disneyland in March, back to Texas in June, and on a Disney Meditteranean Cruise out of Barcelona through Italy at the end of July.

We have been doing things around Aberdeen in the last couple of weeks. Our weekend highlights usually involve going to the beach here in Aberdeen and have lunch at the TGIFridays or Pizza Hut. Last Saturday we took the boys to see "The Singing Kettle" at the Aberdeen Music Hall. They are Scotlands' leading children's entertainers and combine Scottish Children's music with fun action singalongs. The Hollis family and Wood family went too and the boys had fun, it was very cute. Valentines Day is not as big here in the UK, you can't get those cute little valentine exchange cards for kids in the stores here! Anyway, Jon was in Norway that day and I took the boys to Build a Bear where they each made their own puppy dogs and had to get them beds!

In other news, we finally SOLD and CLOSED on our house in Greatwood! I think it was on the market for 6 months so we are very thankful for that and enjoying not having any more home bills for now. I know the new buyers will enjoy it as much as we did, I will miss it!

Here are a few pictures from the week:

At the Duck Pond with Brantley and Brady




Playing the Wii with Daddy

Looking for Shells at the Beach and Skipping Rocks





Trent stayed the night in his Tee-Pee, he couldn't wait to do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts