Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just One More Time!


After a couple of beautiful sunny weeks here in Aberdeen, today it has been snowing all day here at our home. Trent and Landon have been asking for it to snow just one more time this winter. So they got their wish. I really enjoy watching the snowfall out the window and the fact that Trent and Landon love playing in the snow, but I must admit it is something that I would rather not live with. I think this could be the last of the snowfall this year, so we decided to make the most of it and got to do a little sledging this afternoon. Not as much snow as we have had of course, but I'm glad that my kids got to have another day in the snow this winter. 



Trent and Landon have been staying busy with school, playing at the park, golf lessons and football (soccer). We will start swim lessons again soon and we just found out that they will be able to play T-Ball this Spring at their school. They are very excited as this is one thing we thought we would miss from home. Trent has had a mild case of Chicken Pox for the past 11 days even after he had been vaccinated back home! He has had the spots but other than that he has been fine. He has been back at school though because he is past the contagious phase. We were surprised but children here in Scotland are not vaccinated for Chicken Pox like in the US and it is going around here. On Monday Landon got hit in the mouth at school which knocked his two front teeth out of alignment (they were pretty crooked) and the whole part of the inside upper lip was purple and so swollen! With all the blood I had to find a Dentist so that he could be seen. Not being registered with a Dentist here, I was a little concerned because it usually takes months to get in to see one. I called the 24 hour Emergency Dental Hotline here with the National Healthcare System and they were able to get me in (although across town) within 30 minutes. It was a relief that it wasn't anything serious. The swelling was so bad the 2nd day and poor Landon didn't even look like himself, he had bruising now on the outside of his mouth! The following day the swelling went down so much and he looked so much better. Amazingly, his teeth even straightened back up! 

 This past weekend Jon and I attended our first AWA (American Woman's Group) event together, the Mardi Gras Party. We are lucky to have found a wonderful babysitter named Fiona, the boys love her! That night we had a great time eating Cajun food, dancing and even joining in on the Mardi Gras Mambo song line dance.  That week I also attended my first AWA meeting in which I met several more other American women living in Aberdeen. It was nice to meet so many wonderful ladies and I hope to start doing a few more activities with the group. Christi and I went Scottish Antique shopping on Thursday and went to a few stores we found here in Aberdeen. I would like to find a few things to take home with me in the next couple of years so it will be neat to see what I can find. Some of our finds included tartan plaid items, antique golf clubs, and gorgeous handcrafted grandfather clocks from the 1800s from Scotland, England and Wales. I can't wait to go visit some other stores nearby. On Friday I had lunch with some of the other moms in the Preschool ISA. One of the moms hosted at her home and each person brought a dish. There were so many different things to try and I hope to get all the recipes! We had a great time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts