Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Day 5 - Desert Safari)

On Thursday we had an early morning. We had been sleeping in until 9 am and we had to get up at 7 am to head to a Desert Safari we had scheduled that morning. So we were all pretty tired in the morning but headed out to the Arabian Desert for some dune driving and camel riding. I had been looking forward to this the whole trip as this was the first time for us to see a desert and ride a camel!! 

We arrived at the Desert Site to begin our adventure. After getting out of the 4x4 Tahoe and turning our backs to the sand we quickly realized that this may not be as cool as we thought. I've never been in a sand storm but I'm pretty sure its not something I ever want to see. It was very windy today and sand was a blowing, in our eyes, nose, ears, hair, well just everywhere! We quickly took a few pictures but we all got back in the car quickly. And then we began our driving through the dunes. This wasn't some easy adventure, it was more like a wild roller coaster with sudden stopping and spinning and sliding down the dunes!! WOW, did not expect that. WHAT were we thinking??? Landon got sick and threw up in the bag. I was pretty queasy and just wanted to be done. Trent and Jon were in the back doing pretty well. We arrived at the camels to ride and we all had a turn as we were feeling much better being out of the car!! That was a great experience!!

The ride home was fine but Jon and Trent were feeling queasy going back and right before the hotel Trent threw up!! We were glad to be out of the car and back to the hotel. I'm sure glad I can check that off my list. We now laugh at the whole thing because it was so far from what we expected!!

We were glad to take a shower and then head to the pool and swim. Back to relaxing. That afternoon the boys wanted to go back to the Kids Club. We went to Happy Hour in the Imperial Club and then had dinner at Ronda Locatelli.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts