Friday, May 6, 2011

The Royal Wedding and British Holiday

It was a very special day for everyone here in Great Britain, it was the day of the Royal Wedding. On April 29, 2011 Prince William and Catherine Middleton wed in Westminster Abbey in London. It was declared a public holiday for all of Great Britain so everyone could celebrate this occasion. I was glued to the TV all day long since 8 am in the morning, through the 11 am service, and watched the coverage throughout the evening until about 11 pm that night. Trent and Landon watched the wedding and they said they had seen enough.  I had been sick since the night before so I was not able to attend a friends lunch and we had to postpone our dinner party. I loved seeing all the fabulous hats, hairpieces, and dresses at the wedding and Kate looked gorgeous. Our neighbors decorated outside with banners and balloons for the occasion and there were many parties in town going on. On Saturday I probably watched the wedding over about 4 times. I just am fascinated by Royalty and love learning about the Monarchy. Jon bought me a book to read and I have been watching several documentaries on TV. What is there not too love about this love story...following a modern day Princess and seeing her marry her Prince and be taken away in a Horse-drawn Carriage. A fairytale come true. On Sunday we had the Hollis family over for dinner to celebrate. I was excited that I had picked up some of the official Royal Wedding China the previous week at the Balmoral Estate.

This Friday (the following week), Trent and Landon had their own celebration and pretend wedding at their International School. It was precious. The children made special invitations that were sent home inviting them to the wedding. At school, I helped the children decorate a wedding cake with icing and flowers. Trent and Landon dresses up like a royal Prince and went to their celebration. The children participated in a pretend wedding ceremony, had a royal lunch of chicken and vegetables and even had a disco dance afterwards! They have been talking about the wedding all week at school as many of them watched the wedding on TV so were looking forward to this. They had a great time and learned a bit about Royalty.

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/

Official Royal Wedding China

Watching the Wedding on TV


Landon dressed for his Royal Wedding Party


Decorating the Royal Wedding Cake at School



Duke Trent 

Prince Landon



Ice Cream for a Prince


School Royal Wedding Register Book

Disco Dance Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts