Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Trent!!

I can't believe my little boy is 6!! It was 6 years ago today that I became a Mommy and what a special day that was. What a blessing God gave to us. I will always remember that day, most people were sitting in jam packed traffic trying to evacuate Houston for Hurricane Rita, except for us. I was in labor in the local hospital and getting ready to meet my sweet son, very thankful my Doctor was still in town.

I remember the TV in the room with all the Hurricane coverage, as well as the several nurses and people coming into the room because there were other people in labor who needed the Doctor as well. Not to mention the fact that I was told I would have to leave the hospital that evening as the hospital itself was evacuating as it could not withstand the anticipated high winds. A painful and long labor, yes, but all worth it. 8.5 hours later I delivered a Healthy baby boy!

We managed to talk them into letting us go home the next morning. At 9 am we left, leaving a hospital almost completely empty and coming home to a quiet street. We were fully prepared to ride out this Hurricane as we had no choice, it took us 2 hours to go 4 miles from the hospital to our home. Traffic was so bad!! The good news is the Hurricane turned away and we only ended up with no electricity that night in our home. Not your typical first night at home with a newborn, we had flashlights lit throughout the house and it was a little warm. But we were thankful to be safe, secure and have a healthy little boy in our arms. Happy Birthday Trent!!

Here are a few pics from his Birthday party on Sunday and from today:
























Birthday at School


Ceramic Experience after school

TGI Fridays for dinner

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome place to have a birthday party -The Foam Factory! Looks like fun. happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts