On Friday night we went to Kemnay, Scotland for the annual lighting of the Bonfire and Fireworks show and then on Saturday night we went to Banchory, Scotland for another Bonfire and Fireworks show. Both are nearby towns. We enjoyed watching the amazing fireworks displays both nights and the Bonfires as well. The last time I went to a Bonfire was in Aggieland back in 1998. I was reminded of how much I wish Texas A&M would bring Bonfire back! It fell when I was a Sophomore in 1999. On a side night, we even watched the AGGIES beat OU this weekend, via Slingbox. The last time I saw this happen was in 2002 when I was in Graduate School at A&M. Watch out, the AGGIES are back!
A little history: "Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Bonfire Night, is an annual celebration held primarily in Great Britain, on or about the evening of 5 November. Festivities are centred on the use of fireworks and the lighting of bonfire. Historically, the celebrations commemorate the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot of 5 November 1605, a secret plan to overthrow the king."





The minute I saw BOnfire I thought of Texas A&M as well! So glad you guys are doing well. Love the pictures.
ReplyDelete