Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Crathes Castle and Castle Fraser
Amazing! We visited two Castles close to Aberdeen this weekend and from the Castles to the Castle Gardens and fall backdrops, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. It is such a pretty time of the year in Aberdeen, from the colorful trees full of red, green, yellow and orange leaves and evergreen trees to the beautiful rivers running through the Highlands. Crathes Castle and Castle Fraser are within 20 miles of Aberdeen and built in the 15th century! We loved seeing the history, the paintings, the hand carved ceilings. Trent and Landon on the other hand love running on the open lawns of the Castles and play areas. Here are some pictures from this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Tomorrow is Moving Day! We make our final 11 hour flight HOME from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas. We are all excited, although I must...
-
We are MOVING...overseas! Its official, our family will be moving to Aberdeen, Scotland for a few years as Jon has accepted a position as Re...
-
**Blogging from mid air, this entry was written June 17** Right now I’m sitting here on the IAH Houston to AMS Amsterdam KLM Dutch flight, ...
-
Here are are few pictures of the inside of the house here. I would guess the house is approx. 3000 sq. ft. There are 4-5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 ...
-
Texas Our Texas...My family is soon to be Texas bound for the summer. We have made it through one school year overseas as we have been livin...
-
We just took a long weekend trip to Venice, Italy! It was our final hoorah while living in Europe and was worth the trip. Our flight left Ab...
-
On Thursday Trent and Landon had a winter concert at their school which was so cute! They sang songs on stage and had a great time. We were ...
-
Since this was Trent and Landon's school break week we decided to head to Aviemore, Scotland to the Cairngorm National Park and attempt ...
-
Today we have officially been living in Scotland for ONE YEAR!! We have experienced so many new things and places living abroad, it has been...
-
After the Fort William train ride, we drove 2 hours to Broadford which is on the Isle of Skye. It was a beautiful drive, the west coast to t...












Sara - your pictures are GORGEOUS! What kind of camera are you using????
ReplyDeleteHey Jenna, I have a Nikon D90. I love it, it takes great outdoor shots and I still shoot in auto...one of these days I will learn to use manual ;)
ReplyDelete