Well we are going on our 7th day straight of snowfall! I'm not sure how much it has snowed, (I would guess 3-4 feet) but its a LOT for a native Texan. We have been learning what all these Northerners do...how we have to shovel the snow in our driveway everyday to keep it from icing over, how to lay grit and de-ice the snow on our walkways, and to help our neighbors push their cars out of the snow! A lot of cars get stuck in the cul-de-sacs like ours because they are the least city treated roads. I was excited to see a tractor come through the cul-de-sac today with a snow plow and move some of the snow to the side. The boys are loving it, I'm still enjoying the sight of it and seeing Trent and Landon having so much fun. School has even been cancelled for the past two days so we have been sledging some. The boys have it all figured out, and both are walking back up the hill on their own which is awesome!
This played weekend we played in the snow and Jon and I cooked our first ever Thanksgiving meal. Jon cooked the turkey and homemade rolls and I cooked the dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and pumpkin bread. We had the Hollis family and Wood family over at noon on Saturday and it was so nice and Yummy to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal! The kids all enjoyed playing together as well. We were also so excited that the Aggies won on Thursday evening, we watched the game again on Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Tomorrow is Moving Day! We make our final 11 hour flight HOME from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas. We are all excited, although I must...
-
We are MOVING...overseas! Its official, our family will be moving to Aberdeen, Scotland for a few years as Jon has accepted a position as Re...
-
**Blogging from mid air, this entry was written June 17** Right now I’m sitting here on the IAH Houston to AMS Amsterdam KLM Dutch flight, ...
-
Here are are few pictures of the inside of the house here. I would guess the house is approx. 3000 sq. ft. There are 4-5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 ...
-
Texas Our Texas...My family is soon to be Texas bound for the summer. We have made it through one school year overseas as we have been livin...
-
We just took a long weekend trip to Venice, Italy! It was our final hoorah while living in Europe and was worth the trip. Our flight left Ab...
-
On Thursday Trent and Landon had a winter concert at their school which was so cute! They sang songs on stage and had a great time. We were ...
-
Since this was Trent and Landon's school break week we decided to head to Aviemore, Scotland to the Cairngorm National Park and attempt ...
-
Today we have officially been living in Scotland for ONE YEAR!! We have experienced so many new things and places living abroad, it has been...
-
After the Fort William train ride, we drove 2 hours to Broadford which is on the Isle of Skye. It was a beautiful drive, the west coast to t...








No comments:
Post a Comment