Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trent's First Day of Kindergarten...in Scotland!!!

We have a Kindergartener!!! My baby boy is growing up and started school today. I was a little sad thinking of all the baby, toddler and preschool years but he has been looking forward to Kindergarten for some time now. So I am very excited for Trent and he is excited as well. We woke up this morning and I cooked Trent's favorite breakfast: scrambled eggs, rashers (Scottish bacon) and Grape Jelly Toast. I laid out his clothes for the morning and he got dressed all by himself. After that we grabbed his backpack and headed over to the International School of Aberdeen, which is about a 15 minute drive. While walking into school, we were greeted by a Scottish Bagpiper. He was playing the bagpipes as the students walked in the building. Only in Scotland!!! Trent and Landon both love hearing the bagpipes play so we stopped and listened for a bit.

Trent is very happy to have Mrs. Rosemary Jones for a teacher this year along with her assistant. There are a few kids from his Preschool class that he remembers as well, so he was excited to catch up with his friends. Trent sat at his new desk with his name on it and started coloring. I told him I was leaving and if all was ok and he said "Mom, I'm fine, see you at 2!!!" It was sad in a way but seeing him so happy made it easier.

Landon started Preschool today and his teachers will be Ms. Lauren and Ms. Irose. He walked right into class, put up his things, and was ready to start the day. Landon is excited to be the "Big" Preschooler this year. My babies are getting BIG!!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts