Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 4 and 5 - Aberdeen, Scotland

We are enjoying the nice weather here for a change from the humidity in Houston. The temperature typically stays in the lower 50's (F) during the day and night and it is very comfortable right now. We have days where it is cloudy most of the day, days when it is misty with an occasional light rain, and days where it is bright and sunny with the cooler fresh air. And then there are the days where it is bright and sunny in the morning, light rain in the afternoon and colder dry air in the evening. The weather seems to change frequently, but so far it has been fine and I'm loving it! I've never experienced such beautiful fall colors. I get to wear my sweaters and jeans and boots everyday and I love my UGGS! 


On Day 4, Sunday, we decided to take a day off to rest and relax at the hotel. We had lunch, rented a movie in the afternoon and discussed all the things we needed to try and get set up or accomplished this week. Here in Europe it is "Fall Holiday Break" for all of the children in school so Trent and Landon will not start school until next week at the International School. I did decide I was ready to drive some and drove around this side of the city, towards our neighborhood. The roads tend to get VERY narrow but I managed to feel a little more comfortable. It was nice having Jon as the passenger though, he is pretty patient with me :) 


Monday, Day 5, Jon went to the office while I took the boys to breakfast at the hotel and came back to try and set up a few more things online. After that we met Christi and Brantly at the Cinema in Union Square to see the movie "Marmaduke" which the boys loved. Ticket prices were comparable to the states, given the exchange rate. Movie releases are behind though. I noticed that the "Alpha and Omega" movie isn't in theatres until October 22 here and it was already playing in the states. I was happy they had "Coke Zero", my favorite. When buying popcorn, I was asked if I wanted it salty or sweet. I ordered it salty but tried some of Christi's sweet popcorn and it tasted much like kettle corn! It was yummy! No butter here though. I was caught off guard by Landon's mishap in the movie though, he stuck a popcorn seed in his nose!!! He kept picking at his nose, so I asked him if his nose hurt. He turned around and said "Yes Mommy there is popcorn in my nose!" I tried not to panic and kept making him blow his nose praying it would come out, and eventually it did, yes a whole popcorn kernel fell in my hand...WHEW what a relief to have saved a first trip to the Dr. for sure (another thing I need to sign up for here soon) Hopefully he learned his lesson after the episode and my long lecture, that's the first time to have dealt with one of my boys sticking something in their nose!!!


Fall Leaves in the Front Yard of our home (taken with my Iphone)






In the driver's seat


At The Cinema - Trent, Landon and Brantly
My plan today was to get a cell phone for myself, but after a second trip to the Apple store and providing proof of residency I was again turned away saying that I need to have lived in the UK for 3 years. I called the service here and hopefully it will be set up tomorrow, if we get our checking account set up! I've learned that most services here take weeks to set up, and things run a little slower. Guess I will have to slow my pace....tomorrow will be a better day :) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts