After traveling overnight from Houston and arriving in Aberdeen at 3 pm (it was 9 am in Houston) Mommy and Daddy were pretty tired but excited to see the new place. My first impression coming in on the plane was that the rolling hills and countryside was beautiful! I already picked up on the accent and different terminology for things in London and the Scottish accents are definitely more pronounced here. I was excited to find that all of our luggage made it except for the stroller or “push chair” as they call it here. We had 4 carts full to carry out!
We are staying at a hotel for a week until our house here is painted and recarpeted. We arrived at the hotel, checked in, ordered food, and everyone took showers. I was exhausted and decided I could not stay up, we all went to sleep at 5:30 pm! I think we all woke up sometime around 11 pm and watched movies, played games until 3 am. Then we slept until 12 pm! Today Jon drove us around and I was quite impressed with his driving skills through the round-abouts since he was only here for 2 weeks before. They drive on the opposite side on the road here and the driver’s seat is on the other side. We visited some of the grocery stores where I would be shopping such as Tesco (like a Target) and bought a few things we needed here, including a blow dryer and flat iron for myself since they are on a different voltage and mine from home do not work. We also visited our home here, which is currently being painted and recarpeted before we move in. The boys loved running in a nearby park as well as seeing all the sheep on the hills. For lunch we found the McDonalds for them and were happy that they had chicken nuggets and fries and apples although they did not have Ranch dressing which they love :( They had tomato (ketchup) although it tasted a lot sweeter to me. For dinner this evening we went to Pinehurst Lodge and I had my first “fish and chips . French fries are called chips here. It was quite yummy and the boys liked the restaurant as well. I think we will be back. We hope to do more exploring tomorrow.
We are slowly adjusting to the time change, of course it’s a little harder with preschoolers. It is 10:30 pm and the boys just went to sleep so hopefully tonight we will be back on schedule.



Wow it is so beautiful Sara, I love reading all about you moving adventures, I hope you keep the stories coming. Best to you guys.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Sara and family! It looks just beautiful! I'll keep up with your post and live vicariously through you :)
ReplyDeleteStay healthy and safe!
Love, Jenn Socha