Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday - Stirling, Scotland

Saturday we spent the day visiting the Stirling Castle, seeing the National Wallace Monument and meeting some friends at the Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park, all in Stirling, Scotland. The Stirling Castle was amazing, and especially exciting for us as it was the first of many castles for us to visit here in Scotland. The Palace part of the castle was built in 1540. The National Wallace Monument was built in the 1860's and you may recognize from the movie "Braveheart". I really want to watch the movie again now! We met the Hollis' and the Woods at the Safari and Adventure Park where the kids really enjoyed themselves. Trent and Landon loved playing in the children's castle with slides, the sand, the sea lion show, the bird adventure show, seeing the chimps, lions, camels, elephants, riding a paddle boat and other activities. It was so much fun and we enjoyed watching the boys play with their new friends as well. The moms even rode the zip-line and they enjoyed watching us!  What a fun day we had! And...I finally have a car to drive this week, I will post a picture later this week. I've been driving more today with Jon but tomorrow I will be on my own...wish me luck!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts