Well we searched and finally found a used car that was somewhat bigger with 4x4 (I will need it in the winter) but not too big for these narrow roads here! We purchased a used BMW X5. It is really nice and plenty of room for us with two car seats. I found it really easy to drive here and it is quite popular here. This one even has navigation which has already been helpful. I put in my house address and I can always find my way back home! Today I drove my car around some to run a few errands. I had been practicing with Jon but today I was on my own, along with my two monkeys in the back seat. I've learned how to drive most of the roundabouts and drive on the opposite side of the road. I have to "think" about driving the whole time and keep reminding myself which side of the road to be on. Its just all really different, even going through a drive-thru line! I had no problems except for parking. It may have taken me 5 minutes to back out of a parking spot at Tesco but thats ok. I had a few stares and I'm sure I will get that for a while! I drove from the hotel to Westhills, to the Tesco store where we purchased a few needed groceries, to the Subway where we ate lunch, to our house, to the Royal Bank of Scotland to convert some money to British Pounds, and then back to the hotel. It looks like we will be going to visit Trent and Landon's new school tomorrow at 8:30!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Tomorrow is Moving Day! We make our final 11 hour flight HOME from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas. We are all excited, although I must...
-
We are MOVING...overseas! Its official, our family will be moving to Aberdeen, Scotland for a few years as Jon has accepted a position as Re...
-
**Blogging from mid air, this entry was written June 17** Right now I’m sitting here on the IAH Houston to AMS Amsterdam KLM Dutch flight, ...
-
Here are are few pictures of the inside of the house here. I would guess the house is approx. 3000 sq. ft. There are 4-5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 ...
-
Texas Our Texas...My family is soon to be Texas bound for the summer. We have made it through one school year overseas as we have been livin...
-
We just took a long weekend trip to Venice, Italy! It was our final hoorah while living in Europe and was worth the trip. Our flight left Ab...
-
On Thursday Trent and Landon had a winter concert at their school which was so cute! They sang songs on stage and had a great time. We were ...
-
Since this was Trent and Landon's school break week we decided to head to Aviemore, Scotland to the Cairngorm National Park and attempt ...
-
Today we have officially been living in Scotland for ONE YEAR!! We have experienced so many new things and places living abroad, it has been...
-
After the Fort William train ride, we drove 2 hours to Broadford which is on the Isle of Skye. It was a beautiful drive, the west coast to t...



No comments:
Post a Comment